Workforce Pathways LA
|APPLICATIONS WITH SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS DUE:||FRIDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2020|
Based on the legacy of the Investing in Early Educators Stipend Program (AB 212), Workforce Pathways LA is a comprehensive workforce development model that works in partnership with Quality Start Los Angeles (QSLA), the County-wide quality improvement consortium. The project supports participants along the career lattice with a focus on three areas: licensing/health and safety; professional development, permits, and degrees; and workforce systems improvement. Workforce Pathways LA includes financial incentives for achieving milestones along the career lattice and professional development and career advisement targeted to early educators inclusive of family, friend and neighbor care, family child care providers, and center-based staff working directly with children and their families.
The Office for the Advancement of Early Care and Education is pleased to announce the release of the applications for the Workforce Pathways LA Stipend Program. Applicants must have a Registry Profile with the California Early Care and Education Workforce Registry (ECE Registry) www.caregistry.org. Applicants will complete the online application available on the Registry and are required to complete and upload a Professional Growth Plan.
Professional Growth Plan
As part of the Workforce Pathways LA application, all applicants must complete and upload the Professional Growth Plan and select one goal for the current program year. The professional growth goals for Workforce Pathways LA that participants can choose from include:
- Completing 21 hours of professional development funded by the California Department of Education (CDE) (i.e. West Ed training, Family Child Care at Its Best Training, etc.) or Care Courses within the program period (complete after March 31, 2020 and before March 31, 2021).
- Completing a college course (Only unit bearing courses are applicable – complete after March 31, 2020 and before December 31, 2020).
- Obtaining an initial Child Development Permit by March 31, 2021.
- Achieving an associate or bachelor’s degree (complete after March 31, 2020 and before March 31, 2021).
Note that all forms required for the Stipend Program are available on the ECE Registry.
Applying to the Workforce Pathways LA Stipend Program
To apply for the Workforce Pathways LA Stipend Program, you must have a Registry Profile with the California Early Care and Education Workforce Registry (ECE Registry) at www.caregistry.org.
The following are the steps for applying to the Stipend Program:
- If you have a Registry Profile, enter your email address and your registry password.
- If you do not have a Registry Profile, create one.
- Once you have logged into the ECE Registry, click on “Stipends and Pathways”.
- Next, click on “Application”.
See the Workforce Pathways Stipend Program Instructions for detailed information on how to apply.
Note that the instructions and all forms are available on the ECE Registry.
APPLICATIONS DUE: DECEMBER 4, 2020
Program Manager Certification
Program managers will need to verify the employment of applicants working in their programs. See the instructions for obtaining the Program Manager’s certification of your application. The Program Manager forms are available on the ECE Registry and from the following links:
Further information regarding the Workforce Pathways LA – Stipend Program application should be referred to Workforce Pathways LA staff by email at:
Renatta Cooper: email@example.com; (213) 639-6464 (Educational Requirement Questions)
Claudia Valle: firstname.lastname@example.org; (213) 639-6495
Elizabeth Casprowitz: email@example.com; (213) 639-6452
▪ Workforce Pathways LA is funded by the California Department of Education ▪
The Office for the Advancement of Early Care and Education and the Child Care Planning Committee commend the 1,399 participants in Cycle 21 of the Investing in Early Educators Stipend Program for completing coursework towards a degree in child development and the 137 participants who earned an Associate, Bachelor or Master Degree during the Cycle.
The checks for Cycle 21 of The Investing in Early Educators stipend program were mailed on June 30, 2020. August 31, 2020 will be the last day to submit a request for a check adjustment or replace a missing check to be investigated. Requests submitted after the August 31st deadline will not be honored
More information coming soon!